Exygon Nederland + Beaumont are both REOPENED with the following procedures being implemented:
Effective Wednesday, March 10, Governor Abbot is removing the statewide mask mandate and allowing businesses to choose how to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The pandemic is not over; the only thing changing is who is making the decisions. As owners, it is important for us to maintain a safe environment for our staff and members. To do this, we encourage Exygon employees to continue to wear masks while working.
If you can maintain 6 feet social distance, you can choose to wear a mask or not. We will also continue temperature checks for employees and Kids Club participants.
We will of course evaluate this policy as time goes on. We appreciate your support as we all try to get our community back to normal as quickly as possible.
Gyms and exercise facilities and classes may operate up to 75% of the total listed occupancy of the gym or exercise facility. Employees and contractors of the gym or exercise facility are not counted towards the occupancy limitation.
• All employees and customers must wear a face covering (over the nose and mouth) wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another individual not in the same household.
Masks orders are in effect until further notice.
? Judge Branick’s Amended Order-
Effective: Wednesday, June 24th, at 12:01am- through Tuesday, June 30th at 11:59pm
The Order: states that “all commercial entities in Jefferson County providing goods or services directly to the public must develop, post, and implement a health and safety policy. The Health and Safety Policy must require, at a minimum, that all employees or visitors to the commercial entity’s business premises or other facilities wear face coverings when in an area or performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public.”
1. The rules
Per the order, all businesses offering good and services will be required to make sure customers and employees:
• Wear a mask or face covering
• Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet (or 2 meters) from other customers and staff
• Prevent customers or employees who feel sick from coming into the businesses
2. THE EXCEPTIONS
The order states face coverings or masks do not need to be worn in the following circumstances:
• Children under the age of 10 are exempt from wearing a mask
• When consuming food or drink provided by a business (restaurants or bars)
• When doing so poses a greater mental or physical safety risk or security risk
• While in a building or activity that requires security surveillance or screening
• When exercising outside or engaging in physical activity outside
• While pumping gas or operating outdoor equipment
3. The penalty for non-compliance
Per the executive order, business owners offering goods and services who do not enforce the provisions of the order — including ensuring all customers and employees wear masks, maintaining social distancing guidelines and turning away employees who feel sick — will face a $1,000 fine per violation.
Locker rooms, showers, and saunas are now reopened!
Social distancing is still required throughout the clubs. Our team will continue with extra sanitation of the clubs around the clock and we ask members to wipe down equipment before and after use with the provided sanitizing wipes located throughout the club.
Kid’s Club will be reopening Monday, June 8!
- We will be limited to 30 kids per club at a time.
- Reserve your spot here.
- Reserve a spot for each of your children.
- 1 Hour Reservations max per day.
- Drop-off is allowed up to 15 minutes prior to reservation.
- Pick-up is allowed up to 15 minutes after reservation.
- Reservations can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Each child will have his/her temperature checked before entry.
- Each child will have to wash his/her hands before entering and use hand sanitizer.
- Sippy cups and toys from home are not allowed at this time.
- If a child is not feeling well, PLEASE cancel the reservation and don’t bring your children.
- Drop-ins are allowed if there are any unused reservations or no-shows.
- The reservation system is TEMPORARY and will be discontinued after Phase 3 restrictions are lifted or no longer needed.
Our sole priority is keeping our members, their kids and our staff safe & healthy.
Proper social distancing signage is on all of our equipment and in the studios. Our team will continue extra sanitation of the clubs around the clock.
We will be implementing the following rules upon reopening:
- The clubs will be limited to 25% max capacity for Phase 1. We don’t anticipate any lines at this time. If more people are showing up than anticipated and members are not able to get into the club when they arrive, we will implement an online reservation system at that time.
- Members will be required to wash their hands upon signing in. Gloves and masks are recommended but not required. If you are over 65 years of age or have underlying health issues, we advise you to hold off on coming to the club at this time.
- Locker rooms, along with steam rooms & dry saunas will be closed per Governor Abbott’s orders. Restrooms will be available for use, just not the locker area for now.
- Kid’s club is included in your membership but will remain closed until Phase 3 (June 1).
- Group X classes will return with a modified schedule to allow proper cleaning between classes. Schedules are available online, so check that out to start planning your workouts!
- To ensure 8 feet between participants, we will also be limiting Group X class sizes & it will be first come first serve. Studio One: 15 people. Studio Two: 12 people. Cycle: 12 people
- For the health & safety of our members, we will no longer provide any type of exercise mat. Please provide your own exercise mat. Yoga mats will be available for purchase at our Front Desk if you need one.
- Update 5/8/2020: We are not charging dues for April or May.
- We have been able to keep our staff on payroll so they’re still here and excited to get back.
- Our sole priority is keeping our members, their kids, and our staff healthy. Locker rooms, along with steam rooms and dry saunas will be closed per Governor Abbott’s orders. Restrooms will be available for use, just not the locker area for now. There are signs up around the club to help everyone easily social distance. We will also require everyone to wash their hands upon sign in.
- Group X classes will continue with a modified schedule to ensure enough time between classes for proper sanitation.
You can find the schedule here.
- We will also be limiting the number of participants per class.
Studio One: 15 people
Studio Two: 12 people
Cycle: 12 people
- It will be whoever shows up first until we are at our limit for each studio to ensure 8 feet between participants. If more people are showing up than anticipated and members are not able to attend class, we will implement an online reservation system at that time. We will see how the next two weeks go and adjust accordingly.
Please provide your own exercise mat. We will no longer provide any type of exercise mat for the health and safety of our members. Yoga mats are available for purchase at our Front Desk.
We’re looking to reopen Kid’s Club in Phase 3 (June 1).
We can’t wait to see you on May 18!
Update 5/5/2020: Exygon will be REOPENING both locations on Monday, May 18 with 25% capacity for the gym area. Showers & locker rooms will remain closed per orders, including saunas & steam rooms. More information will be released soon as we finalize a plan to help our members have a safe workout experience.
Update 4/27/2020: Gyms and health clubs did not make the cut for phase one of reopening Texas. We are hopeful that this will change for the next phase set to happen on May 18. Please stay tuned to our social media and website for updates! We are busy sanitizing the clubs and will be ready to reopen whenever the order is given. Stay well and we’ll see you soon, SETX!
Update 4/22/2020: We will not be charging membership dues for May. We do have 99 Days for $99 pre-registration open. For a limited time, you can pre-register for Exygon’s 99 Days for $99 and get 4 free personal training sessions. This has NEVER been offered with the 99 Days membership so don’t miss out!
With so much uncertainty right now, how about some GOOD NEWS?
Exygon WILL NOT charge membership dues for April.
Even if we open April 10th, 15th, or 28th, still no dues for April.
Further, we plan to keep all our valued employees on payroll to help them through this as well.
We are blessed to have a community such as ours and we hope to see y’all real soon! #ExygonCares
In order to comply with local government orders, we have made the very difficult decision to close both Exygon clubs beginning at Noon on Thursday, March 19. We thank our members, employees, and community for their support during this time.
There will be no group fitness classes on Thursday due to this mandate.
While closed, we will have staff on duty daily cleaning and preparing our clubs for your return. Your ongoing membership will help our staff support their families during this time which will enable our gyms to quickly resume services when we reopen.
We will be posting home workouts daily on our Facebook page so please stay tuned for them and for updates on the status of us reopening.
We’re stronger together as a community and appreciate your support at this time. #ExygonCares
Daily Workout from Exygon
Working out is a great stress reliever and we want to be able to help while you’re away from the club.
We will be posting home workouts daily on our Facebook page so please stay tuned for those and for updates on the status of us reopening.
Les Mills Class Online for FREE
We know that staying fit and active is our best way to build a strong immune system and stay healthy.
Here is a free option to help keep you active and working out at home.
We promise it won’t automatically collect your data and it will remain available as long as the disruption from Coronavirus continues.
From the Parisi Speed School for Kids
The Parisi Speed School is still open with classes limited to 10 students.
Please contact Coach Ben or Coach Ced to secure your child’s spot.
—Ben Jones, Owner & Coach
Note from Travis Dugger
“Your ongoing membership will help our staff support their families during this time which will enable our gyms to quickly resume services when we reopen.
If you will be impacted by this financially, as so many of us will, we completely understand. Just email me at email@example.com so we can freeze your account and get you taken care of.
Hang in there and thank you for your continued support.”
Owner, Exygon Health and Fitness Club