Steps to Take:
1. Be very specific about your goal. Know exactly what it is you want. Do you want to “just lose weight”, or do you want to lose 20 lbs.? It’s like a road map, if you know where you are going, you will get there faster.
2. Measurable – How are you going to know if you are losing weight? Will you try on clothes each week, will you step on the scale each week, or daily? Perhaps you will use a tape measure, but how often will you measure yourself? Determine your best method to measure your progress.
3. Create accountability. Perhaps you can check in with a friend each week to let them know how you are progressing. Many individuals schedule appointments with myself, or one of our weight loss coaches, to help become more accountable, while also receiving nutrition and weight loss education.
4. Knowledgeable – Learn how to lose weight, and which methods are safe and healthy for you. Do you have any existing health problems to consider, is your schedule so busy that you need to plan far in advance, is meal prepping for you, or do you need to seek the help of a weight loss program or professional to help you achieve your goal? There are many smart phone apps available to help guide you to success.
5. Set a realistic amount of time to reach your goal. If you are specific about your actual goal, have a way to measure your success, created accountability, and sought more knowledge to do so, now all you have to do is set a realistic time frame for achieving your goal!
For additional weight loss help, please visit www.carolynbelldiet.com. We can help you achieve weight loss success!