To lower your risk of spreading germs at Exygon, please practice these hygiene tips whenever you work out:
- Don’t workout when you’re sick. If you’re sick or have had a fever within the past 24 hours, DO NOT come to the gym to workout. Even if you feel like you’re up for a workout, you could still be contagious. Be kind to others and stay home so you do not spread germs.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands properly before and after a workout. If you don’t know how to properly wash your hands, please refer to the CDC guidelines.
- Sanitize if you can’t wash. If you don’t have access to soap and water, use an alcohol-based sanitizer. You can find these located around the club. Pick one that has at least 60% alcohol. Apply sanitizer to the palm of one hand then rub your hands together. Rub it over all surfaces of your hands and fingers until your hands are totally dry.
- Germ-proof gym equipment. We have a cleaning crew at both club locations that are cleaning down the equipment throughout the day, but we cannot guarantee that they get to wipe between every use of a machine or piece of equipment. Before a workout, wipe down the equipment, machine, mats, medicine ball, etc. with a disinfectant wipe located throughout both clubs.
Help prevent the spread of germs by practicing gym etiquette by taking a few seconds to wipe down what you’re using after you are finished with it. As an extra precaution, consider bringing your own exercise mat and wipes!
- Shower ASAP. Take a shower as soon as you are able after an exercise session. Bacteria love to breed in your sweaty clothes. Shower thoroughly and dry off with a clean towel. The put on dry, clean clothes.
- Wear it, Wash It. Do not re-wear any clothes you worked out in without washing them first! Do not leave your dirty workout clothes laying around too long before washing either as this can cause bacteria to grow.
- Protect your feet. When in the club shower, wear water shoes or flip flops. Wash your feet and dry them thoroughly, especially between your toes. If you are prone to athlete’s foot, use an antifungal powder on your feet.
- Be skin-conscious. If you have a break in your skin, cover it with a waterproof bandage. If you’ve got an open wound, skin break, or infection, avoid the whirlpool and other common areas until it heals completely.
- Don’t share personal care items. A general rule is that you sould never share towels, water bottles, soap, razor, combs, brushes, or make-up. Anything that comes into contact with someone else’s skin could be contaminated.
- Choose your health club wisely. If you are checking out a new gym, consider more than the price & overall ambiance. Evaluate the cleanliness of the facility. Look to see if the equipment is clean and free of sweat. Are bathroom floors clean? What about sinks and toilets? Do you see cleaning personnel in the gym regularly?
Exygon has a full cleaning staff who thoroughly cleans our clubs day and night. We have an ample amount of soap, hand sanitizer, and antibacterial gym wipes that our guests are encouraged to utilize. Please help us prevent the spreading of germs, especially during this outbreak of the Coronavirus (CVID-19) and flu season.